Properly customise your ads reporting columns
- One important thing to note in order to track ad performance properly when using Facebook Pixel is that you'll need to customise your ads reporting columns in Ads Manager in order to show the most important data.
- By default, the Results column for a Website Conversions campaign will display the total number of events/conversions associated with your ads.
- That means if you have ViewContent, AddToCart, and Purchase events on your website, the Results column will display the aggregate number of all these events, and the Cost column will display the cost per total number of these events as well.
- If you only care about the number of Purchases and cost per Purchase, you'll need to customise your columns to select "Purchase (Facebook Pixel)" and "Cost per Purchase (Facebook Pixel)".
Avoid Under-Delivery of Your Ads
- If you're optimising for conversions and find that you're unable to spend your daily budget (due to under-delivery) and are seeing a high cost per conversion, there's a good chance your ads are not getting enough conversions to provide sufficient data to our delivery system in order to optimise (which needs about 25 conversions to start optimising properly).
- If you set a target bid, you may also see delivery decrease if our system is unable to get conversions at the desired target bid. This is often due to having small or overlapping audiences, low bid to budget ratio, poor creative/targeting, or high negative feedback. Learn more about conversion optimisation.