What is a Custom Audience?
Custom Audiences let you reach customers you already know with ads on Facebook. You can upload a list of email addresses or phone numbers of at least 20 people and we'll deliver your ad to those people if they're on Facebook. You can also build audiences from the people that visit your website or from people who use your mobile app.
You can open the Audience section by clicking on the button on the left side.
In this section you will see the following window:
How can I create a Custom Audience from my website?
1. Any Custom Audience from your website cannot be created without a working Facebook pixel. Read more about Facebook pixel creation and setting here.
2. Click the green "Create Audience" Button and choose Custom Audience.
3. You will see this window:
4. Depending on your objective you can create a Custom Audience from your website for any group of visitors that you'd like to reach with targeted Facebook ads. For example, you can run a campaign to reach people who visited a product page but didn't complete a purchase to encourage them to go back to the website to do so. You can also create an audience of everyone who's visited your website in the past 30 days (it is possible to view up to the last 180 days). You can include or exclude your previous traffic as well.
5. If you made sure the Facebook pixel is set up correctly, to create a Custom Audience you need to choose rules, a tracking period and a name.
How can I build a Custom Audience from CRM data?
1. To create a Custom Audience using your CRM data you need to adjust the data to Facebook's formats.
Examples for email, phone number, mobile advertiser ID, Facebook app user ID, and Facebook page user ID:
|Mobile Advertiser ID||
|Facebook App User ID||
|Facebook Page User ID||
2. To create a Custom Audience you need to switch to the "Customer List" tab:
As the screenshot above shows, "Emails" is the default Data Type selected. This window will look similar if you choose User IDs, Phone Numbers or Mobile Advertiser IDs.
To finalise your Custom Audience creation, you need to upload your data, enter a name and click the "Create" button.
How to create a Lookalike Audience?