Please note: Instagram Stories placement for now is available only for Video Views and Website Clicks objectives when you create ads with Aitarget, and also for Reach objective when you use Facebook Marketing API, Power Editor, or Ads Manager to create your ads.
1. Go to https://fb.aitarget.com/ and open your ad account by clicking its name.
2. Then click the green button “Create Campaign”:
3. Next, choose Website Clicks.
or Video Views:
4. And finish steps 1-2 as shown below.
5. In Step 3, choose your target audience and get the placement Instagram Stories.
6. In Step 4, upload your creatives (or choose them from the media library).
- Videos and images for ads in Instagram Stories must be 9:16 or taller. If images are taller than 9:16, Instagram only shows the centre section. If an image or video is shorter than 9:16, when you create ad creative, it fails. The minimum image or video resolution is 600x1067px.
- You cannot use image crop specs with ads in Instagram Stories, so you cannot have a 1080x1080px image and use an image crop spec to get 600x1067px.
- Video cannot be longer than 15 seconds less than the limit of 60 seconds for Instagram Stream. Video size should be 2.3 GB max
- You cannot use carousel ads with Instagram Stories.
7. The Next Step is to click the “Create an Ad” button, and in case of success you’ll see this notification window:
8. To watch the preview, you have to switch the dashboard to ads and click the preview button:
9. You’ll see the preview of your Instagram Stories Ad:
- As ads in Instagram Stories only show the advertiser's Instagram account name and profile picture, you cannot set all other visible fields, including message, title, link, caption, and so on.
- Tapping on an Instagram stories ad will open the next story.
- Posts and post-moderation are not available in Instagram stories,which are not posts open to like or comment.
Learn more about Instagram Stories placement on our blog: