Facebook tries to show people the ads that are most pertinent to them. That’s why relevance is used as a factor in determining how the ads will be delivered. Taking relevance into account helps ensure that people see ads that matter to them, leading to a better experience for people and businesses alike.
Where can I see my Relevance scores?
This indicator is displayed in statistics. It is available only on the Ads level (i.e. not on the Campaign or AdSet level). You need to go down to the Ads level and add the Relevance Score element in the constructor.
After your ad is served more than 500 times, your ad receives a daily relevance score from 1–10, ten meaning we estimate your ad is highly relevant and one meaning we estimate it’s not very relevant.
Your ad's relevance score is based on expected positive and negative feedback from the people seeing it, based on how the ad is performing. It is calculated differently depending on your objective (e.g. clicks to website or video views).
- Positive feedback. The number of times people expected to take a desired action such as share or like your ad, or help you achieve your objective, such as visiting your website.
- Negative feedback. The number of times people expected to hide your ad or indicate a negative experience such as choosing not to see ads from you.
Why Relevance Score is important?
- It can lower the cost of reaching people. Put simply, the higher an ad’s relevance score is, the less it will cost to be delivered.
- It can help advertisers test ad creative options before running a campaign. Advertisers can test different combinations of image and copy with different audiences, and learn which combinations offer the highest relevance scores.
- It can help optimize campaigns already in progress. While ad campaigns are running, advertisers can monitor their relevance scores. If a score begins to dip, it may be an indicator that the ad’s creative or audience needs to be refreshed.
Why can’t I see the Relevance Score?
You can see your Relevance Score only after your ads were displayed at least 500 times.