What is a Custom Audience?
Custom Audiences let you reach customers you already know with ads on
You can upload a list of email addresses or phone numbers of at least 20 people
and we'll deliver your ad to those people if they're on Facebook. You can also
build audiences from the people that visit your website or from people who use
your mobile app.
You can open the Audience section by clicking on the button on the left side.
In this section you will see the following window:
How can I create a Custom Audience from my website?
1. Any Custom Audience from your website cannot be created without a
working Facebook Pixel. Read more about Facebook Pixel creation and
2. Click the green “Create Audience” Button and choose Custom Audience.
3. You will see this window:
4. Depending on your objective you can create a Custom Audience from your
website for any group of visitors that you'd like to reach with targeted
Facebook ads. For example, you can run a campaign to reach people who
visited a product page but didn't complete a purchase to encourage them to
go back to the website to do so. Or, you can create an audience of everyone
who's visited your website in the past 30 days (it is possible to view up to
the last 180 days). You can also include or exclude your previous traffic.
5. If you made sure the Facebook Pixel is set up correctly, to create a Custom
Audience you need to chose rules, a tracking period and a name.
How can I build a Custom Audience from CRM data?
1. To create a custom audience using your CRM data you need to learn the
formats that Facebook can read and find in its own data base.
Mobile App user IDs, IDFA, Facebook App User ID:
2. To create a Custom Audience you need to switch to the “Customer List”
As the screenshot above shows, ‘email’ is the default ‘Data Type’
selected. This window will look similar if you choose Phone Numbers or
Mobile Advertiser IDs.
To finalise your Custom Audience creation, you need to upload your
data, enter a name and click the “Create” button.
How to create a Lookalike Audience?