What are Lookalike Audiences?
Lookalike Audiences are a way to reach new people who are likely to be interested
in your business because they're similar to customers you care about.
You can base your Lookalike Audience on a variety of sources (e.g. people who
like your Page, or visited your website).
Note: Your Lookalike Audience can only include people from one country at a
When should I use Lookalike Audiences?
Lookalike Audiences can be used for different advertising objectives when you
want to reach people who are similar to your Custom Audience.
● You can address people similar to your existing clients
● You can generate more traffic to your website by addressing people who
have already visited it
● You can increase the popularity of your Mobile App by including a link to it
to a targeting audience (the Lookalike Audience) who are similar to your
How do I create a Lookalike Audience?
1) Go to the Audiences section in your account
2) You will see the Audiences window
3) Click “Create Audience” and then select “Lookalike Audience”. You will see
an empty window “Create a Lookalike Audience”
4) a) You need to select a source (any Custom Audience including those based
on an app, conversion pixel or Facebook Page)
b) Choose the country where you'd like to find a similar set of people. When
choosing your desired audience size please remember that the smaller your
audience is, the more precise the similarity will be. Larger audiences increase
your potential reach, but decrease the level of similarity to your source
c) Choose the name and click the “Create” button
5) Your audience will be set up within 2 hours. If your audience is too small (less
than 20 people) it will not be valid for advertising.